Lighten Up SGV
Lighten Up SGV Home Page My Page
Community Guide Contest Info Healthy Living Visit CVHP.org Partner Links Contact Us

1 results found. Viewing page 1 of 1.
HarryJenkins
13 Posts
Posted on: 16-Apr-2018 10:23pm

Weight Watchers Gets Its Own Makeover

“I’m C.E.O., but I’m really just a big fan of everybody,” said Mindy Grossman, introducing herself at the Weight Watchers International headquarters in Manhattan. It was a brisk Wednesday afternoon in March and about 100 people, some beaming in from San Francisco, had gathered in a large, brightly lit room above what used to be known as the Ladies’ Mile of Sixth Avenue.This was not one of the company’s famous “meetings,” held since it was founded in 1963 by Jean Nidetch, a Queens housewife once described as “a svelte 5-foot-7 platinum blonde with a voice like Ethel Merman’s,” during which members submit to weigh-ins and discuss the challenges of trying to eat sensibly.Rather, it was that most 21st-century of office meetings: a hackathon with engineers and user-experience experts presenting new software ideas for “dub-dub,” as Weight Watchers is affectionately known among some digital natives. The contest was being judged “American Idol”-style by Ms. Grossman, 60, and several of her executive colleagues.

For More You Can Check:
Business Services Examples
Post Reply Create Discussion
Not a Member?
Forgot Password
Featured Article
Featured Blogs
Recent Contests
Community Weigh-In Event
Follow Us on FaceBook